Saturday 19 April 2014

Arabella's Nursery



My best friend Claire recently gave birth to her beautiful daughter Arabella. During her pregnancy she said she wanted a Mr Men theme for her nursery. As honorary auntie I was happy to make a nursery set her Arabella. Claire ended up buying Mr Men duvet covers from M&S for me to cut up as we couldn't find any fabric that we liked as much. 

I made a quilt cover, cot bumper, thermal blackout lined curtains, and a seat pad & cushion for the top of the toy box. I also embroidered her Mr Men & Little Miss pictures to hang above the changing table. 






The nursery is now such a lovely light & bright room, perfect for a beautiful little girl!




2 comments:

  1. Did you hand-sew the names onto those Mr Men patches or use a machine? They look great! (And what a gorgeous name is Arabella!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a machine - it's free machine embroidery, so it's done freehand, which is why it looks like my handwriting!
    And it's such a cute name - Arabella Violette Devlin - adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete