Sunday 2 February 2014

Machine Embroidery


Today I did a course in machine embroidery at The Makery in Bath. I'd never done a sewing course before - my Mum taught me to sew from a pattern - so I was a little nervous. I needn't have been, the atmosphere was really relaxed, and our teacher Susi made everything really clear and let us be as creative as we wanted to be. 

The day also involved some applique, so it was really like two courses in one. There was so much fabric to chose from, I was in heaven! 


After running through the basics and having a bit of a play to get used to the technique I decided to have a go at embroidering a picture of Bronwyn freehand. I'm pretty thrilled with the results!


I then made two applique pictures, one for Ash for Valentine's Day, both of which should look great hanging in our home. I'm going to frame them in embroidery hoops like we used when working on them as I think this will look really good. 

I highly recommend a visit to The Makery - they have a shop also in Bath and the workshop space on Walcot Street. Take a look at their website for the other courses they run. 

http://www.themakeryonline.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment