Thursday 19 December 2013

Clothes Show Live 2013


Recently I went to the Clothes Show Live at Birmingham NEC with the GCSE and A level Textiles students. So yes, that means I not only got in free, I was being paid to be there - there have to be some perks to my job right?!




The major fashion show was a mixture of high street and designer clothes, with the theme of 'A Weekend in the Country'. The story running through the show was that a group of friends arrive at a country house for a weekend away to party & celebrate New Years Eve. I thoroughly enjoyed it (and not just because of the skantily dressed men, although that is always a bonus!). A particular favourite was the eveningwear section, complete with gothic looking black lace masks and headpieces.

I also managed to see some of the Graduate fashion shows from the colleges and uni students, which were very inspiring. One of the collections I could have worn immediately, which was made up of quirky vintage style tweed outfits complete with pill box hats.





The rest of the day was spent browsing the huge number of stalls, it really is a shoppers dream! The discounts on the items on sale were really good, and I got some real bargains. Next year my friend Sian & I plan to go back on our own time so that we can take part in some of the hair & make up demos going on.

So yes, I spent the day oggling male models, shopping & taking photos and I got paid for it....!





No comments:

Post a Comment