Thursday 3 October 2013

Matilda Doll







This project has definately been a labour of love! I estimate that this doll has taken me about 8 hours to finish completely, but I have really loved making it. So much so that I have nearly finished a second identical doll for another present and am about to start on a third! At some point I plan to make one I can keep as I think it will look lovely on the bookcase.




The body has jointed knees and elbows, and while I did the majority of the sewing on the machine I had to hand finish all the limbs and the face. I used proper toy stuffing and packed it in really tightly so that she can withstand a lot of cuddles! I added some extra detail with the lace on the boots and the pinny, and I made all the clothing removable rather than sewing it on as the pattern suggested as I want the girls to be able to change her clothes if they want to. Which means me making extra clothing of course!






No comments:

Post a Comment