Tuesday 26 March 2013

Sunroom


I've wanted to share more photos of my home on my blog for a while, but never seem to be able to keep it tidy for long enough to take decent photos! I'm finally feeling like my house is nearly how I want it now, so the first room I'm sharing with you is the Sunroom - this is my dining room/craft room/sewing room, and my favourite room in the house, especially in the summer.

This weekend was spent building my new sideboard and dresser unit, and they really finish the room off. It's so nice to have all my fabric & threads & sewing machine all stored away neatly in one room, ready for me to use without having to pull everything out to find what I need! Lets just hope it stays that way....!



The farmhouse table and chest are both antiques, the table I bought myself from a reclamation yard in Glastonbury, the chest my mum bought in Portobello Market when she was in her 20s.

The four chairs were also my mum's - they used to be a hideous tan stain, very similar to Dale Winton's fake tan! I sanded them down & pained them different colours as I don't like things to match too much.

The bench seat also came from a reclamation yard. I've had it for years but recently painted it white & it feels like it has a new lease of life now!



The pottery is a mixture of charity shop finds, proper antiques and gifts from friends.

I hope you enjoyed having a peek around my home!


No comments:

Post a Comment