Monday 15 October 2012

The Perfect Place to Lay My Head...

This is Bronwyn, my beautiful blue whippet. Having destroyed nearly every bed I've bought for her except an ugly blue plastic one (which she is working on!) I had almost given up hope of finding a bed that was Bronwyn-proof. Plus all the ones available to buy seem to either be really boring plain colours, or else far too bright & garish & would look totally out of place in my country cottage style interior...

Then I hit on the (rather obvious really!) idea of making her bed myself. This way I have the perfect size for my living room, in a fabric that I love. All for pennies! The fabric on this is a curtain that I bought at a flea market in Dorset years ago, and had forgotten I had stashed away. The stuffing is an old duvet inner that Bronwyn had (yet again!) destroyed and I was going to throw out. Literally minutes of sewing later & one perfect dog bed! And a happy Brownyn lying on it in front of the fire, as you can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment